Smart pedestrian crossings
Each year more than 10,000 people are run over in our country, of which almost 400 die. In order to reduce these fatal accidents, we present one of the latest advances in safety technology that is making the most impact on society, the smart pedestrian crossings.
Intelligent pedestrian crossings consist of a smart led signaling system, which combines sensors and LED panels to provide the urban road with more safety, greatly multiplying its efficiency in relation to the current reflective paint, as it converts a passive signaling into an active one.
The sensors are strategically located within the safety zone prior to the passage of pedestrians and detect the movement of pedestrians who are preparing to cross the road. They automatically send a signal and the LED panels integrated in the asphalt and the vertical light signals that complement the system are instantly illuminated.
After a stipulated time, if the sensors detect no movement, the luminous ones return to their idle state. Thanks to the light signals, drivers are warned of the presence of pedestrians, which offers greater safety and less risk of collisions.
Among its main advantages, the following can be highlighted:
- Minimizes the risk of collisions, multiplying its effectiveness in the hours or weather conditions where there is less visibility.
- Help pedestrians with visual difficulties and elderly people.
- Customized solutions, such as the configuration of light intensity or wireless connectivity.
- Pedestrian crossings
- Parking lots.
- Signposted horizontal signaling.
- Cycle paths.
- Smart City & Smart Road.
- High luminous efficiency with reduced consumption.
- High resistance.
- High visibility at night and in adverse weather conditions.
- High slip resistance.
- Low maintenance.